Thursday, November 1, 2012

Teacher Spotlight: Interview with Jan Conway

We are starting a new series on the blog with a focus on introducing you to our fabulous teachers. We thought it would be fun to pick their brain about paper crafting, stamping, and life in general! We invite everyone to experience their first class knowledge of crafting, as well as their fabulous personalities, by signing up for a class today!

Teacher Spotlight on Jan Conway

Jan teaches Spanish at Fox High School.  She has been married to Mickey for 37 years.  She is mom to Corey and Claire, mother-in-law to Rachel, Grandma to Nathan, and soon to be Grandma to Lucas (12/17/12).

What inspires you?

 I am inspired by new product.

What are some of your "go-to" supplies for crafting?

I love paper, die-cut machines, and stamps.  I also like to use unconventional items in my projects.  One example of such a product is roof flashing!

What is your favorite crafting technique?

I love finding new ways to add texture and dimension to projects.

How would you describe your crafting style?

Simple, fun, and whimsical.

How long have you been crafting?

I started sewing in Sister Lucienne's Home Economics class at Notre Dame High School in 1968.  Unfortunately, she called my project abominable and made me rip it apart and start over because she didn't like the way I put in the zipper.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Any beach, but my favorite is La Costa Brava in Spain on the Mediterranean Sea.

What is your favorite snack to munch on while crafting?

I try not to munch, but when I do, it is usually chocolate.

Favorite song of the moment?

International Love by Pitbull

When you aren't teaching classes at Checkered Cottage, how do you spend your time?

I teach Spanish at Fox High School, spend time with my family, drink wine, and work out.

What do you love most about Checkered Cottage?

No doubt, my favorite thing about the Cottage is the people, whether it be the employees or the customers- love them all!

Thanks Jan, we are happy to have you as part of the Checkered Cottage Team! 

You can get a first hand look at Jan's beautiful crafting style this Friday at the Cottage's 14th Annual Christmas Open House.  She is hosting a make-n-take while supplies last starting at 6pm!

Click on the name below to read past Teacher Spotlights:




No comments:

Post a Comment