Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Teacher Spotlight: Interview with Kathi Anderson

We are starting a new series on the blog with a focus on introducing you to our fabulous teachers. We thought it would be fun to pick their brain about paper crafting, stamping, and life in general! We invite everyone to experience their first class knowledge of crafting, as well as their fabulous personalities, by signing up for a class today!

Teacher Spotlight on Kathi Anderson

Kathi is married to a wonderful husband who is an "enabler" with regards to her paper crafting addiction! He has cheered her on through all her endeavors with teaching and being a Sales Representative in the industry. He is the love of her life. They have two married children and three wonderful grandchildren.

What inspires you?

COLOR... All my life I have been inspired by color. My favorite colors are the bright colors of the rainbow!

What are some of your "go-to" supplies for crafting?

Genesis paper cutter, Scor-Buddy, May Arts ribbon, rubber stamps, Dreamweavers stencils, and ink pads.

What is your favorite crafting technique?

I actually have two favorites... stamping backgrounds and stenciling with embossing paste. Many of my classes will feature paste, embossing, and double glitter techniques.

How would you describe your crafting style?

I have been told that my style is very classy and elegant.

How long have you been crafting?

Practically all of my life... my mom showed me how to thread the sewing machine when I was 6 and I have been sewing ever since. I actually sewed rag-dolls when I was in elementary school. I discovered paper crafting 15 years ago and began teaching classes in a local stamp store very quickly after. I became a sales rep in the industry about 9 years ago.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I have been many places but never to Alaska so I think I would like to go to Alaska.

What is your favorite snack to munch on while crafting?

Suprisingly, I do not munch when I am crafting. Most of my crafting now is done for store and class samples and I would be too afraid that I would spill on one of them and destroy my hard work.

Favorite song of the moment:

I totally love listening to golden oldies from the 60's and 70's.

Are you on Pinterest?

Yes, but I have trouble finding time to pin anything to my boards.

When you aren't teaching classes at Checkered Cottage, how do you spend your time?

I have three wonderful grandchildren that I love spending time with. Also, I love to read... right now I am totally into the zombie genre! Go figure!

What do you love most about Checkered Cottage? 

I love the people!!! Susan, Robyn, and Linda will do anything to help you find what you need to complete your special project that you are working on. I love that they are always in a great mood when you drop in and that there is lots of laughter! You can tell that they love what they do and that is very important! I love being a small part of the Checkered Cottage teaching staff!

What can you tell us about Checkered Cottage's upcoming Dreamweaver's Trunk Show?

Checkered Cottage has the largest selection of Dreamweaver stencils in the St. Louis area. We welcome you to visit the shop this Friday and Saturday (October 19-20th) for a special trunk show featuring these wonderful products. Guest teacher Louise Healy will be showing students how to create incredible effects with paste, distress powders, alcohol inks, and stencils. The shop will be open extended hours on Friday, October 19th from 10am- 9pm. You won't want to miss this exciting opportunity!

Thanks, Kathi! We are happy to have you as part of the Checkered Cottage Team!

Click below to read past Teacher Spotlights:
 Candice Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment