Thursday, October 4, 2012

Teacher Spotlight: Interview with Candice Meyer

We are starting a new series on the blog with a focus on introducing you to our fabulous teachers. We thought it would be fun to pick their brain about paper crafting, stamping, and life in general! We invite everyone to experience their first class knowledge of crafting, as well as their fabulous personalities, by signing up for a class today!

Teacher Spotlight on Candice Meyer


 Candice is married to her college sweetheart and is a mama to 2 adorable Shih-Tzu puppies. She has a passion for making homemade cards, discovering new recipes, and savoring travel adventures. Candice and her husband are looking forward to welcoming a sweet baby girl next February to the family!

What inspires you?

I am constantly inspired by beauty in nature. The Botanical Gardens are probably my favorite spot in the city and we try to go there a couple of times per season.  

What are some of your "go-to" supplies while crafting?

I seem to use the following products on many projects: Zig 2-way glue pen, Scotch ATG tape runner, Cutterpede paper cutter, x-acto knife, Krylon gold leafing pen, Quickie glue pen, and Bo Bunny dot papers. 

What is your favorite crafting technique?

I love to edge my cards in either a Krylon gold leafing pen or glitter. While this technique can be a bit tricky to manage at first (and sometimes temperamental!), it adds so much interest to your finished product.

How would you describe your crafting style?

Classic, fun, and sometimes with a vintage twist. In my world, there aren't mistakes- just additional opportunities to create!

How long have you been crafting?

My mom has been an avid crafter and stamper for as long as I can remember, which means that she passed along the desire to create to me! I remember putting together a entry for a Valentine's stamping contest for a local stamp store while in elementary school. 

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I would go back to Turks and Caicos in a heartbeat. My husband and I spent our honeymoon in this gorgeous location 3 years ago.

What is your favorite snack to munch on while crafting?

Since I've been pregnant, I've switched from drinking Diet Coke to either water or fruit juices. My favorite drink right now: Izzie's Sparkling Peach Juice. I've also been craving cheesecake for the past couple of months.

Favorite song of the moment:

Anything by Il Divo, Mumford & Sons, or Adele. 

Are you on Pinterest?

Yes! Check out my inspiration boards by clicking HERE.

When you aren't teaching classes at Checkered Cottage, how do you spend your time?

I had the honor of joining The Dating Divas team this past July. This site is dedicated to strengthening marriages by sharing creative dates, as well as quick and easy ideas to show your spouse love. You can check out my recent posts by clicking HERE.

My husband and I recently hosted a gender reveal party for our close friends and family.  Now that we know our sweet little one is a Baby Girl, I am excited to start decorating the nursery!

What do you love most about Checkered Cottage?

Their cute tag line that they are "The Cheers Bar of the Crafting World" is actually true! It is wonderful to work with such a friendly group of crafters that offer quality products. I also adore their selection of Bo Bunny Dot papers. They have the most extensive selection I have seen in the city.

Thanks, Candice! We are happy to have you as part of the Checkered Cottage Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment